Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Discover New Music on the Web in 2008

Top 7 Sites
A List of Where to Listen to Music for Free

Pandora
PureVolume
Last.fm
MySpace Music
finetune
Ruckus
SeeqPod

Another noteworthy site I have come across is 3hive. Actually, my first experience with 3hive was, yesterday, when I was voting for the 2008 Weblog Awards. They were nominated for best weblog about music. It looks like an excellent site for alternative, lesser known music.

Nearly a year ago, TechCrunch posted an article titled "Social Music Overview". From this list, I thought iJigg seemed worthy of mention (in addition to the ones I already mentioned above). They give accurate descriptions of each site. Check it out.

Lastly, The Hype Machine published a Music Blog Zeitgeist for 2007, which includes the 50 best songs, the 50 best albums, and the 50 best bands.

No comments: